I thought that I would post a list of various online tools that I use that I have found particularly useful:
- Bloglines is a really fantastic blog aggregator that is really the only thing that makes it possible for me to keep track of more than a handful of blogs. It’s just fantastic. I currently have 134 blog feeds being watched by Bloglines.
- Co.mments.com is a great tool I came across recently that allows you to keep track of the comments stream of a particular blogpost. I often make comments and forget about them, or forget to check back on interesting posts for new comments. no longer!
- Flickr is an image sharing tool and, as such, not in any way limited to blogs. I intend to make much more use of this in the near future, you have been warned. There is a little flickr box on the right hand side of my blog page, where my most recent three photos are displayed.
- Tadalist is not really related to blogging at all. It’s a great, simple tool for making ‘todo lists’. One of the lists I have on there is a list of potential future blog posts.
- Del.icio.us is a ‘social bookmarking tool’ allowing you to store bookmarks, which you can tag with relevant keywords and which you can easily share with others. The sharing aspect aside, which I have no experience, this allows you to liberate your list of bookmarks from a particular machine (or even a particular browser on a particular machine). Also, the ability to tag bookmarks makes their organisation much easier. One tag I use on occasion is for-blog, which reminds me I wish to blog about this particular link.
If you have found any other online tools to be useful for blogging, or just useful in general, feel free to leave a comment and let me know!