I’ve been enjoying several blogs recently which you simply must check out.
- Ron Silliman is a noted American poet, best known for his involvement in the Language poetry movement but still as important now as he was then, due in no small part to the fact that he maintains what is without a doubt the best poetry blog out there.
- HG Poetics is the poetry blog of Henry Gould, a little bit more personal than Ron Silliman’s but still worth a read.
- Whimsy Speaks is another poetry-related blog worth a visit.
- Several of the blogs here on blogs.linux.ie are updated regularly and are well worth a read. Standing tall above the crowd is that compulsive blogger, our benevolent overlord, Donncha O Caoimh. Others include Daragh Mc Grath and Kae Verens. I could go on and list everybody (for fear of insulting somebody) but it might be more helpful to point everybody in the direction of Planet ILUG which keeps track of the RSS feeds of most of the blogs.linux.ie blogs, including my own.
- The Evangelical Outpost is one of the best blogs written by a Christian I have come across. Interesting not only for his intelligent thoughts that put me completely to shame but perhaps just as interesting for his peculiarly American right-wing politics, very different (generally) from my own. Well worth a read even if you agree with neither his theism of his politics.
- Those wonderful people at ZNet as well as providing daily articles for your consumption also have several blogs. These are authored by several (relatively) diverse people, all informed and interesting. Most notable of these is the eminent Noam Chomsky.
That should keep you going for those times when you are giving yourself a break from clicking refresh on my blog.
I shall return to thee, eventually, new and improved.