I’ve been thinking about what sort of content I want to put up on this blog. My main fear is, of course, that I will very quickly run out of things to talk about and seem a fool. Will this blog end up as about three weeks of the paltry produce out of a vacant mind? What would I like to put up here?
Thoughts: Occasionally I have a thought. I’m often very proud of this all-too-seldom event. Were I to put my thoughts up on the blog it would serve as some sort of concrete evidence that I do occasionally think! My braincells have been abusing a number of topics recently and these will be mentioned in the days and weeks to come, no doubt. These include:
- The current state of ‘rock music’,the advent of ‘postrock’ and whether this so-called ‘postrock’ really is new and really deserves a title of it’s own.
- Literature: The novel reflecting the collective-psyche and what the first great 21st century novel will look like.
- Politics, mainly left-wing type thoughts regarding American foreign policy. Also a keen interest in the definition of a ‘perfect state’ and the like. Also I’ve been thinking a lot recently about the affect that e-voting will have on democracy.
- Theology: lots of stuff here. I won’t even bother listing.
- Other random thoughts that I would deem to be more significant if I were going to record them on a blog.
- Computery things: Linux and whatnot. I am a Computer Science (and Mathematics) student after all.
- Things that amuse me: This is a feature of most blogs although I think perhaps I’ll be at least slightly different in the sense that the boringly trivial, banal sort of things that seem to amuse one blogger or two and then circulate around the entire blogosphere (my goodness, what a hideous word) have a tendency not to amuse me at all.
- Random musings on current news stories. This is another blog favourite. Surely this is why the things exist, right?
But! What to do on those off days (weeks?) when I’ve got very little to say. I suppose I could do the usual blog thing and talk about how boring my life is. I could talk about:
- Books I’m currently reading.
- Music I’m currently listening to.
- Perhaps I could adopt the true blog style and talk about how terribly lonely I am and how I like to wear black eyeliner and how none of my friends are returning my phonecalls and how I hate everyone and how I don’t hate everyone really I only said I hate everyone as a cry for attention and how my cry for attention didn’t generate an awful lot of attention so now I hate everyone really but this time I really hate them and I’m not going to stop hating them anytime soon unless each and every one of them buys me a lollipop.
Consider this a preview of sorts. You can decide right now if you ever want to come back here. Of course, seeing as the blog has been live for what, a few hours?, it’s unlikely that anybody will ever read this post. Still, I can claim you were forewarned if you threaten to kill me at some future date. So there!