28th February, 2009
I challenged him to live on twecipe food for two weeks, but he’s a wuss. Instead, I’m going to do it. But with a few tweaks.
- Tweak one: It’s got to cost max GBP £40 per week for raw ingredients. Which means that I don’t have to break the bank, but also means that I’ve got to be a little intelligent in the recipes I choose.
- Tweak two: Substitutions are allowed. In order to fit in with tweak one, I’m allowed to substitute food like-for like. So if there’s a Turkey meatballs recipe, I can substitute chicken. This means I can make a single chicken stretch over two days etc…
- Tweak three: The food must feed two people. Either that or my wife will leave me.
- Tweak four: I’m going to do it for the whole of March. Except for one Sunday when I will cook a roast for my Mother in Law. If I don’t, she’ll make my wife leave me.
- Tweak five: Breakfast is not included. The twecipe challenge only applies to to lunch and dinner.
I think it can be done, and done on a budget. Furthermore, I don’t think I’ll be starving. This is the list of food I expect to eat in the next week.
- Chicken and leek pie
- Baked Chicken and Rice
- Pumpkin rice laksa soup
- Cream of fennel soup
- Turkey minceballs with tomato sauce
- Beetroot salad with feta and pear
Posted at 9:38 pm | Comments Off
25th February, 2009
DEV300_m42 callcatcher results are available. Back up to over 1000 unused methods. sd contains a fifth of all unused methods. i18npool has picked up two new unused destructors, seeing as the constructors are used, there’s probably a leak in there with missing deletes against news. On the bright side, unoxml and sax are now unused method free.
Posted at 12:16 pm | Comments Off
24th February, 2009
Is there anyway that we can get people to stop using the term “Ireland Inc.”?
It suggests that the responsibility of the government is to maximise profit.
It suggests that spending is irresponsible, unless it can be shown to be maximising profit.
It suggests that those who don’t agree shouldn’t be considered.
Ireland is a country. It’s not a company. The how and why of running it is, and should be, completely different to a company.
Posted at 11:00 pm | Comments Off
12th February, 2009
For the past two months I’ve been waiting for the big breakthrough. On multiple projects. Hopefully in the next few weeks I’ll be able to pin three or four successes to this piece of virtual real estate. ‘Till then it’s a case of redoubling my effort every few days….Maybe I’m just a bad gambler
Posted at 10:26 pm | Comments Off
2nd February, 2009
sdext stripped of the majority of unused methods, so we’re now down under 900. Biggest win remains sd with 195 methods.
since rene’s work is in place, now in DEV300_m40+ OOo can be built with a simple
Posted at 12:01 pm | Comments Off