It’s been ages since I posted anything here … mainly because I’m up the walls, literally !
Since we moved into the new house (we got number 10 – did I mention that !!) it’s been all go ! The electrics here were last done in or around 1975, so are a little antiquated … we were making do, until we got Sky+ installed (well worth the money !). The cowboy-installer threw cable up, over the roof (the dish is at the back) and down the front of the house, in through the wall at the front and around the living room! This wasn’t going to do.
So, in a fit of madness, I bought a reel of sat cable, and dug holes through the walls in the house and ran the cable internally. Then decided that network cables would make a nice compliment to the sat cables I was running, and sure, while I’m at it – let’s add a dozen or so extra sockets to the mix. End result being a lot of dust, plastering, hole digging (SDS drills with chisel bits are good !!), and general mayhem.
Getting towards end-game now though. The wiring is mostly done (only the power to the attic and the new bedroom sockets to go now !). Next job – attic flooring !