With gcj from gcc4 great progress has been made on the java components in OOo, in workspace gcj3 pretty much everything is enabled as buildable with gcj. With the following remaining handful of problems.
1. ooo patched rhino fails to build with gcj
[javac] int pos = viewToModel(new Point(popup.x, popup.y));
the scripting module also depends on this rhino module, submitted as rh#150772#. I bet it’s trivial.
2. complicated problem I don’t understand in wizards component registration. Submitted as rh#150650#.
temp ooo side wizards.workaround.patch to get past registration
3. canvas module fails to compile
missing “java.awt.Frame.createBufferStrategy” implementation ?
4. gcj’s libjawt contains a reference to undefined LINK_ReallyLinkKnownClass. Thomas Fitzsimmons is taking care of it.
temp ooo side libjawt.workaround.patch to not checkdll bean for gcj
—- unimportant stuff —-
5. sandbox uses sun.applet.AppletAudioClip and other sun.foo classes,
not important, its really a deprecated module
6. sj2 uses some sandbox things so some parts cannot be built, apparently this
module is being cleaned up to remove some of this, again not important.