If you build the 1.9.X series under fedora and use the default upstream packaging, the resulting rpms will have a problem where rpm reports cpio: MD5 sum mismatch on installing the copy of libgcc_s.so.1 that OOo2 makes during its build. To work around after creating the rpms use –no-md5 on rpm’s –install. To work around before creating the rpms try commenting out the __prelink_undo_cmd line in /etc/rpm/macros.prelink. rh#149465#. A simple testcase.
Archive for February, 2005
I compiled up 1.9.77 with gcc4 using these patches with the following 4 internal gcc4 compiler errors.
– gcc#19299# gimplify.c:368
– gcc#20008# stmt.c:2397 (though this patch works around)
– gcc#20022# segfault in binfilter
– gcc#20023# segfault in sw
Bugs which affect gcc34 and gcc4
– AbstractMethodError libgcj runtime crash
– the slideshow crasher, but this is being worked around in ooo itself.
gcc4 and OOo2
gcc4 is roughly due on April 15. So for OOo2 here are my current gcc4 patchs which I’ll expand while I attempt to build with gcc4. Pickiness over anonymous enums seems the only reoccuring issue to date.
Some fedora rawhide rpms for i386 OpenOffice.org 1.9.75 for playing around with.