Until I disabled it today a minimum of 10 attempts a day at blog spam for thunderously stupid debt collection nonsense. Today receiving 40 blog spams for moderation broke me. An additional minimum of 200 normal spam messages a day caught with spamassassin. Rising to 400 a day at the weekend. Clearly I no longer review my caught spam to see if anything was incorrectly marked as such as spam outweights ham by an enormous ratio. I wonder if spamassassin will ever decide to simpify the spam-detection process and just junk everything. Weekly normally about one or two phonecalls clearly being auto-dialed by software and redirected to humans on a successful pickup by one of the dubious and more desperate alternative telecom providers. I’m beginning to get really irritated now.
gcj and OOo:
The gcj1 workspace based on 1.9.53 now builds with gcj. There seems to be an intermittent crash when building helpcontent2 (something to do with db3 from berkleydb, I have suspicions about the ancient version of db3 currently used which it to be upgraded at some stage, problem might go away then). But as its intermittent, building a few times in the helpcontent2 dir works eventually. Theres a snag at run-time, which I have tracked down with this test. Problem is with compiling with g++ 3.4.2 and either gcj 3.4.2 or with head gcj. Using HEAD gcj and g++ is ok. I don’t really want to be the guinea pig on a gcc 4 and OOo build just yet (though a little poke threw up a trivial needed fix)