I challenged him to live on twecipe food for two weeks, but he’s a wuss. Instead, I’m going to do it. But with a few tweaks.
- Tweak one: It’s got to cost max GBP £40 per week for raw ingredients. Which means that I don’t have to break the bank, but also means that I’ve got to be a little intelligent in the recipes I choose.
- Tweak two: Substitutions are allowed. In order to fit in with tweak one, I’m allowed to substitute food like-for like. So if there’s a Turkey meatballs recipe, I can substitute chicken. This means I can make a single chicken stretch over two days etc…
- Tweak three: The food must feed two people. Either that or my wife will leave me.
- Tweak four: I’m going to do it for the whole of March. Except for one Sunday when I will cook a roast for my Mother in Law. If I don’t, she’ll make my wife leave me.
- Tweak five: Breakfast is not included. The twecipe challenge only applies to to lunch and dinner.
I think it can be done, and done on a budget. Furthermore, I don’t think I’ll be starving. This is the list of food I expect to eat in the next week.
- Chicken and leek pie
- Baked Chicken and Rice
- Pumpkin rice laksa soup
- Cream of fennel soup
- Turkey minceballs with tomato sauce
- Beetroot salad with feta and pear