There are two aspects to connecting to the UoB wireless network. The first are the connection settings and the second is having the correct encryption key. The correct settings are depicted in the screenshot below. In a nutshell, you’ve got to use Version 0 of PEAP. And it’s important that you use version 0 as version 1 simply doesn’t work. Your username and password are your usual UoB login credentials.
The correct key for the network is the key from GTE Cyber Trust. The UoB key is signed by the GTE key. You can get that from here (or on this site Verizon Business somewhere), but you may have to rename it from a .crt file to a .pem file in order for the file-chooser to pick it up.
So just to run through all the steps:
- Choose to connect to the UoB wireless network from the dropdown list (see figure below)
- Ensure the correct settings are set (particularly the version 0)
- Put in your username and password
- Download the GTE certificate to your home directory (you can’t delete it later)
- Rename the GTE certificate from .crt to .pem
- Choose the GTE .pem file as the CA Certificate
- Click ok….it should then work
If you’re having problems and are a student of mine; bring your laptop to a lab. If you’re another staff member; feel free to email me.