In response to Phil’s steak recipie I’ve to post my own.
- A nice big rump steak. It contains more fat than the expensive cuts.
- A large knob of butter in a hot pan.
- At this stage there are two ways to go
- add lots of garlic and some chives and seal the steak
- add a shot of brandy and a drop of dark beer. Newcastle brown works well.
- For a medium steak, turn down the pan and fry for a while
- For a well-done steak, fry and then finish in a hot oven for a while. Make sure to put the pan juice onto the steak before it goes in the oven.
I’m home next week to see my sister who is due to give birth soon. However, I may be tempted to stop over at casa-del-philb for a steak cook-off (and then to finish the bottle of brandy).